ECYD Mission Corps
Mission Corps Program
What is ECYD Mission Corps?
ECYD Mission Corps is an ECYD program. ECYD is Regnum Christi’s charism lived by young people and is a Catholic international association of adolescents who make a pledge of friendship with Christ and among themselves in order to build a new world according to the Gospel. ECYD Mission Corps is an international Catholic missionary exchange program, where a high school student can volunteer their time during the summer for a period of 4 to 8 weeks, exclusively for the Church. It is an opportunity to serve people through active apostolate, and to help other young people find the meaning of their lives in Christ.
Goal of the ECYD Mission Corps Program:
- To offer some members of the final stages of ECYD an experience of formation and apostolate according to their age, which will help them to grow in their love for Christ and in their desire to bring others to him and to proclaim the Gospel (Document on the Identity and Mission of ECYD Missionaries) ECYD Mission Corps includes not only the weeks of the missionary summer but also all of the preparation and training beforehand and the follow-up of the alumni and apostolic engagement afterwards.
- ECYD Mission Corps is primarily apostolic.
Profile of an ECYD Missionary:
A high school teen who strives to be a:
- A servant leader
- A convinced apostle
- A friend of Jesus Christ who wants to know and love him more
- An enthusiastic and joyful missionary fulfilling their mission within the Church
- A courageous witness who wants to make a difference with their actions, testimony and aware that their lives can make a positive impact on others
- A member of ECYD, sharing their faith and values with other young people
- Respectful, noble, sincere, loving and zealous Catholic
What Does an ECYD Missionary Do During their Missionary Summer?
- Lives with ECYD members just like themselves from around the world, sharing their faith and learning from the others’ experience and cultural differences. The program directors are consecrated women of Regnum Christi for the girls or Legionaries of Christ for the boys.
- Plans, creates and leads dynamic projects, activities, camps, and missions. Many Missionaries help lead Challenge and Conquest camps across the country.
- Gets to know themselves better and develops life and leadership skills.
- Grows in their friendship with Christ through many opportunities of spiritual growth and formation such as daily guided prayer and Mass.
- Has tons of fun!
ECYD Mission Corps
- A high school teen (needs to have finished at least freshman year before giving a summer)
- An ECYD member participating in ECYD life for at least one year prior to giving a summer
- A convinced, educated, and practicing Catholic
- Be physically and psychologically healthy
- Living a sound moral life
- Must complete the application process to be officially accepted into the program.
- Be available to be sent to any of our mission sites (we work with dates you are available, but in order to do the program your dates need to coincide with the dates of the programs offered. Each missionary must arrive on the arrival date and depart on the departure date and stay for the whole duration of the program. ECYD Mission Corps is an international program, and therefore an applicant could go abroad, or stay here in the USA. To foster a more fruitful and enriching experience, it is required that they be sufficiently fluent in the language of the country they want to serve in. Each missionary and their parents send recommendations as to where they will be sent.
- Attend a Future ECYD Missionary Training Weekend or any other local requirements. Check with the local ECYD Director.
Apply online at www.ecydmissioncorps.com
- Fill out online application: – Applicant will receive a confirmation email to continue to complete the registration – this requires they know the name and email of the Consecrated Woman, Legionary of Christ of her spiritual mentor – the page will also ask the applicant to list their top three site options for their mission assignment. Please consider date availability when reviewing the program site options.
- Parent info registration and confirmation. Before the applicant can continue the parents need to approve by email that their son or daughter continues. This is all done through the website’s automated emails.
- Summer Missionary program fee varies according to the site and the duration of the program there. It ranges anywhere from $1,000 to $1,700. (This fee does not include airfare to and from the location or personal spending money). Upon receiving the missionary assignment letter, a $250 non-refundable down payment must be made by April 30th for those giving their missionary summer in the US to secure spot. This fee is sent or wired to the location where the applicant will spend their summer. If the down payment is not received, the applicant’s spot will not be reserved and will be given to another applicant. Complete payment is due in full upon the arrival date or the date indicated by the local program director.
- Any training costs
Sites in the United States and Canada for Summer 2018
|Site||Dates||ECYD Mission Corps Local Directors|
|Atlanta, Georgia||June 5-July 6, 2018||
|Cincinnati, Ohio||June 1-July 18, 2018||
|Houston, Texas||June 6-July 12, 2018||
|Manila, Philippines||July 12 – August 10, 2018||
|Washington DC||June 11 – July 18, 2018||
|Site||Dates||ECYD Mission Corps Local Directors|
|Dallas, Texas||June 5-30, 2018||
Fr. Michael Picard, LC
|New Orleans, Louisiana||June 3-16, 2018||
Fr. Gregory Usselmann, LC
|Toronto, Ontario||July 5-August 5, 2018||
Fr. Thomas Murphy, LC
|Washington DC||June 29- July 28, 2018||
Fr. Andrew Gronotte, LC
FOR BOYS: The Mission assignments for the boys applying to be ECYD Missionaries will be done locally with the local ECYD Directors. For questions or concerns, contact Fr. Michael Vanderbeek, LC at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR GIRLS: The Mission assignments for the girls applying to be ECYD Missionaries will be done nationally. For questions or concerns, contact Maria Knuth at email@example.com
- $75 Non-Refundable Application Fee - Paid online.
- After the girl’s application has been reviewed, and if she is accepted to the program, she will receive an email letting her know that she’s been accepted and sent a link with a brief questionnaire. Her parents will also receive a brief questionnaire.
- She will receive an official acceptance letter with her missionary assignment in the mail along with a welcome packet to ECYD Mission Corps This will be mailed to the applicants mailing address and will contain the information about where she will spend her missionary summer, the contact information for the Local ECYD Mission Corps Director, arrival and departure dates etc. For applicants will receive their acceptance / assignment letter around mid April.
Apply today at www.ecyd.org and click on the ECYD Mission Corps tab!